Friday, August 11, 2017

Finished or Not Friday Snowy Tote



 I'm linking up with Myra at Busy Hand Quilts and Finished or Not Friday. 


Finally I have a finish.   It is Snowy Tote from Connecting Threads.  It's 10" X 12" tall and approximately 4" deep.   I purchased the kit quite a while ago from Connecting Threads.  I am a sucker for fabric with words, and the fabric in this kit had lots of fun words. Like"Mittens, Snowflakes, Brrr!, Cold Hands, Warm Heart"  I started it last October at a retreat. Got stopped because the next step was to quilt the sandwich before assembling the bag. That always stalls me. I can Stitch in the Ditch, I can follow a grid, some stipple.  The instructions did call for "in the ditch" and a grid pattern on the back. Anyway, it got set aside. Then I put it on my challenge list for another group I belong to.  It is the challenge due to be done for our September 17th meeting. Success!!

The front is patchwork.

The back is a piece of fabric, with side pieces and then a tiny strip and a larger top piece. The entire tote is done in a single slab of pieces, quilted with the lining as the backing of the sandwich and then sewn into the tote shape . The bottom is a separate piece.  Inside, all the seams are sewn right sides together and then the seams are finished with a zig zag.  There are no inner pockets, but they could be added easily enough, if I make this pattern again. I have quite a bit of leftover fabric, the kit was very generous. 


The top is then bound with bias binding,  as are the handles. I really like it. Now to decide... do I keep it for me, give it for a gift or donate it to the county library's Christmas Silent Auction. All proceeds from the auction are used to buy craft, sewing, needle art type books. 




Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. I love it Judy. It is gorgeous. I want to make a bag, have never done so, I was looking at a kit today, although it is not quilted which actually I would prefer. But... it does have some books on a panel! Congrats on the bag finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, Judy!!! What a great finish, and with plenty of time for that September 17th meeting! Love the words. And your crosshatching looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete