I am planning to read The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. I finished it 1/3/15. See the link to my review below on the What's In A Name 2015 Challenge.
|I signed up at the Investigator level- 7-11|
1. Curiosity Thrilled the Cat by Sophie Kelly 1/20/15
2. Above the Bridge by Deborah Garner 1/28/15
3. State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy 6/30/15
4. Hail to the Chef by Julie Hyzy 7/29/15
5. Eggsecutive Orders by Julie Hyzy 8/29/15
6. Perfect Poison by Joyce Levene 9/2/15
7, A Corpse for Yew by Joyce Levene 10/18/15
Here are the categories and my selection, when I read it and a link back to my review
1. A book with "ing" in the title: The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs 1/12/15
2. A color in the title: The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls 1/6/15
3. A familial relation: The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards 1/3/15
4. A body of water: Shem Creek by Dorothea Benton Frank 7/20/15
5. A city: The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant 6/28/15
6. An Animal: Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West 3/31/15
|I signed up at the Going Pro lever = 28+ books.|
2. Glory in Death by J.D. Robb 1/16/15
3. The Forgotten by David Baldacci 2/15/15 audio
4 .Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman 2/19/15
5. Beloved by Toni Morrison 2/21/15
6. Between Heaven and Texas by Marie Bostwick 2/23/15
7. Dewey's Nine Lives:The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron and Bret Witter 3/6/15
8. Winterkill by C.J. Box 3/13/15
9. Mr. Penumbra's 23-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan 3/25/15
The Assassin by Clive Cussler (returned to the library unfinished. Narrator unlikable.)
10. The Courage Tree by Diane Chamberlain. 4/8/15
11. The Golden Hat: Talking Back to Autism by Kate Winslet 4/15/13
12. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley 4/23/15
13. Storming Heaven by Dale Brown 5/20/15 audio
14. The Boston Girl by Anita Diamant 6/28/15
15. Shem Creek by Dorothea Benton Frank 7/20/15
16. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen 7/24/15
17. The Hoarder in You: How to Live a Happier, Healthier, Uncluttered Life by Robin Zasio 8/8/15
18. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay 8/11/15
19. All the Light You Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 8/21/15
20. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath 9/27/15
21. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen 11/7/15
22. Landline by Rainbow Rowell 11/13/15
23. Ever After by Karen Kingbury 11/27/15
24. The Escape Artist by Diane Chamberlain 11/30/15
25. Every Last One by Anna Quindlen 12/18/15
26. Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline
Failing this one! Almost though!
Non Reading Challenge
CHICKS CHALLENGE 2015
Finally, my Non-reading Challenge for my Quilting Group ( ie The Quilt Chicks). This challenge is a bit different in that I commit to finishing 6 specific projects that are in an unfinished state at this time. I will have two months to finish each one. I list them as follows and pay $10.00 to enter the challenge. We have a member who keeps track of the money and the projects for everyone entering. The first Sunday in January, she will roll a die. Which ever number comes up, 1 through 6, that is the number we will work on for the next two months. The first Sunday in March, we meet, bring the completed item to the meeting and if it is done, we get $1 back and our name goes in the drawing for the Winners Pot. If not, the $1 goes in a the pot along with $4 from our original $10. ( that starts the "POT" with approximately $48-$80. Last year, 20 participated, so the pot would have started with $80. It is not so much the money, it is the peer pressure and the self challenge. Here are my entries for 2015.
&&1. Finish top of SNOW FLURRIES quilt. Ready for the quilter. Pieced, and all stitching embellishment done. No Beading, the beading will be done after the long-arm quilter has it quilted. FAIL I could blame it on pain in my hand, but that is not the whole story. Now I am trying to decide if I should add it to 2016 challenge or just go at my own pace. Have until Jan 17th to decide.
**3. SPOOL QUILT BORDER- applique done, stitched down ready to be added to the spool top
I'll keep track here and let you know how it goes. It was fun in 2014. I completed all the projects on the list and some other too. A good way to stay focused!
**1/4/15 - The die was thrown today and I must complete #2 by the 1st of March. Here is my post of progress on Challenge #2
*** 3/1/15 - The die was thrown today and I must complete #5 by the 3rd of May. My number 5 challenge is a graduation quilt for my DIL. She graduates from ASU in May. This is perfect. I will post my progress here.
### 5/3/15 - The die was thrown and I need to complete #6, SUMMER wallhanging, stitchery, embellished and beaded. There is a link to my post about that stitchery HERE.
@@July gathering of Chicks: The 4th challenge was issued when the die was thrown and fell on #4. Ranch A Challenge: I said I would make a quilt using the Scrap Crazy Ruler/Template set. I needs to be pieced, quilted bound and done by September 20th. I will track my progress here.
&& September 20th: The next challenge for my quilting group, Quilt Chicks will be # 1. I will try to better track my progress here. 10/18/15: not making very much progress on completing the stitchery in the paper-pieced borders. I may not get this one completed before the 3rd Sunday in November. I had hope to stitch one snowflake or word every day. That is harder than it sounds. Life gets in the way, my arthritis flare-ups and a week of head cold and flu-like "yucky" as slowed that goal down. 11/15/15 Today was the "Show and Tell" for our challenges. I did NOT get this challenge finished. This is the first one I have failed on. I have all the snowflakes traced on the pieced borders. I have the Left Border completed and the Bottom Border completed, but still have the top and the right side to do. So I lost my $1 and did not get my name added to the bucket for the final drawing in January. I do have 4 other chances.